I’m changing the blog up again….
I’ve been having a hard time with this blog lately. My heart just hasn’t been in it. I haven’t been able to come up with post ideas, and I’ve pretty much ignored the blog for several months.
I recently started reading a book called How to Blog for Profit, and it talks about how you should blog about something you are passionate about, something that you can talk about all day long and never get bored of the subject. This isn’t the first time I’ve heard this advice, mind you. But it is the first time I’ve seriously thought about what I’m truly passionate about, and I finally came up with an answer.
I am extremely passionate about learning anything new, especially when it comes to medicine. The medical field has been my life for 17 years, and I have never gotten bored with it. I’ve become disheartened with the office politics I’ve been forced to deal with, but my career as an ophthalmic technician (minus all that office bullshit) has always made me happy. It has provided a sense of accomplishment, and pride. I’m not afraid to admit that I’m really good at my job, and I know that sounds conceited or self-centered, but it’s true. If there’s one thing I know about, it’s the eye and the visual system as a whole.
And I love teaching people about it.
Instead, I’m going to share a variety of information. Some of the new topics you’ll see on this blog include:
- Medicine (various topics including ophthalmology, infectious disease, various medications and vitamins, new treatments etc.)
- Health & Fitness (including diets such as veganism, exercise, spiritual and mental health)
- Spirituality (including paganism and astrology)
- Photography (tips and tricks I have learned as well as some of my best work)
- Crafts (crochet, scrapbooking etc)
- Home Education (including homeschooling and my efforts to educate myself)
- Life Lessons (I’ll be sharing some of the most important life lessons I’ve learned over the years)
- Entrepreneurship (tips and tricks I’ve learned about owning a business and life as a WAHM)
- Family and Motherhood
I know that looks like a lot of categories, but this blog is going to be about disseminating knowledge. No one has a monopoly on knowledge and learning something new every day keeps our minds sharp.
Of course, I’ll also be sharing my anecdotes of life as a WAHM with all the chaos it entails, but the main point of all these changes is to make the blog more personal, meaning by sharing my personal anecdotes, you the reader will (hopefully) learn the easy way what I have learned the hard way.
I’m sure this blog will be forever evolving as it’s author continues to do the same, but hopefully we’ll both enjoy the ride.